Updated: Dec 23, 2020
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the smell of the air, the beautiful colors in the trees, marching band and football season, and the need to snuggle up in some hand made cozy blankets and wearables. Today I've decided to whip up a list of some of my favorite fall creations for doing just that.
The links are located on the pictures to make them easier to find.
1. One of my go to patterns is the Adult Sweater/Jumper from Claire at Bobwilson123. I can't even tell you how many times I have used this pattern as a base for sweaters. Claire is an absolutely amazing teacher too. She also has video tutorials for her patterns on YouTube that you can learn so much from. I created this fun Crazy Christmas Sweater for my daughter using this pattern.
2. I absolutely adore making this Everyday Crochet Cardigan from Ashleigh at Sewrella. Not only is this pattern free on her website, but she also has an amazing YouTube video tutorial that is so easy to follow.
3. I am constantly wearing this one. My oversized Elevated Granny Baggy Pullover is made with Big Twist Value yarn and my Elevated Granny Stitch. My favorite thing to do is hide in the giant collar when my nose gets cold.
4. Check out this beautiful Meridale Scarf pattern from Ashley Edmonds over at Through The Loop Yarn Craft! This awesome triangle scarf is created with just one cake of Red Heart Roll With It Melange. Gotta love those one cake makes!! I just can't get over these amazing colors.
5. I absolutely adore this Winter Solstice Shawl by Debbie Hemsley Kaltenbrunn from The Neave Collection. It's made from ColourSpun Pure Merino Super Wash, and has this marvelous reversible design that makes me feel all warm and cozy just looking at it!
6. Another design that just looking at it makes me feel warm and cozy is the Cupids’ Arrows Afghan by Glenna Gordon. I admit I have yet to take on this amazing creation BUT the pattern is already printed and on the top of my "when I have time" mountain. It's not often I get that "I JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT" urge, but I most certainly did immediately with this design.
7. Another eye catcher for me was the The Dragonfly Patch Blanket by Sue Stapleton from Auburncraft. Her dragonfly design is completely unique with her own secret combination of stitches to create the perfect look. This one is created using a cotton yarn which I just adore!! Sue has some absolutely amazing and unique designs, and I recommend you head over and check out the rest.
8, This one is just so creative. Talk about putting a twist on an old idea. The ponchos my grandma made us didn't hold a candle to this Milena Twist Cable Hooded Poncho by Ling Ryan from Hooked on Patterns. This thing just screams snuggles!!
All photos belong to their respective owners. Thank you to these amazing designers for creating these wonderful patterns for all of us to enjoy!
67 views1 comment